It's right for you if...
A burly alloy frame with 150 mm of rear travel that fully encases a 625 Wh battery, a 160 mm RockShox Domain fork, a powerful new Bosch Performance Line CX 250 W motor that assists up to 20 mph (25 km/h in Europe) and a Purion controller. A smooth-shifting 1x12 Shimano SLX/XT drivetrain, dropper post, powerful Shimano 4-piston brakes for confident descents and Bontrager Line Comp 30 29er wheels that are already completely tubeless-ready, including sealant.
The tech you get
The Rail 7 features loads of upgraded parts, including the drivetrain, fork and wheels. But the biggest deal is that it comes with a long-range Bosch battery. That means more runs and more fun.
The final word
The Bosch motor gives you plenty of power for tackling steep climbs with the efficiency to keep exploring all day
Why you'll love it
- The Bosch motor gives you plenty of power for tackling steep climbs with the efficiency to keep exploring all day
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain – no shuttle or lift necessary
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage